Dear invited guests
Welcome to the Southern Africa Regional Conference on the Status of Children that will be held at the Pan African Parliament, Gallagher Estate in Midrand.
The conference will take place from 14-16 November, and for this period you will need accommodation.
Below are the bank details. Please use your name as the reference.
Account Name: Save the Children Sweden
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch Name: Arcadia
Branch Number: 01-08-45
Account Number: 011222794
SWIFT Code: SB-ZA-ZA-JJ
Bank Address: Corner Church and Hamilton Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007
Reference: Person’s Name
We have identified a well known hotel, just walking distance from the Conference venue, called The Executive Hotel. Save the Children will, if indicated in your registration form, assist you with reserving a room at this hotel. We will, however, not be paying for it.
Address: 31 Gallagher Ave, Midrand.
Tel: +27(0)11 021 9115
Most of the other delegates will be using this hotel, and it is the most affordable one in the immediate vicinity.
The rates are charged as follows:
· Rate: R600.00 per person per night including breakfast
· Dinner: R125.00 (full buffet) kindly let me know if you have any dietary requirements
· Free parking is available
· Free internet in the hotel
· Please send your full travel itinerary as soon as possible- as bookings can only be confirmed once itineraries have been received
Transport from the airport to Midrand- and back
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GAUTRAIN ONLY OPERATES BETWEEN 05H30-20H00 DAILY
· YOU will have to purchase a Gautrain ticket at the Gautrain station located at the airport. On your return to the airport, you can use the same card, so do not discard it.
· The cost of the Gautrain Card is R10.00 and the trip to Midrand costs R27.00 . The bus ride to the hotel will cost you an additional R6.00.
· Select the pay-as-you-go option, when purchasing your Gautrain card. The buses you will find just outside of the train station where you disembark.
· Total cost for the return trip to the airport =150 South African rand- and you can load the whole amount on your card when purchasing it.
· So make sure you have the correct amount of money - in South African Rand - to purchase the Gautrain Gold Card, and to load the rest of the money on the card for your return trip.
· From the airport, you will have to stop over at Marlboro and change trains to get to Midrand.
· So please listen to the announcer in the train and follow the indications given at the station and refrain from using earphones.
· Please disembark from the train at the Midrand station.
· When at the Midrand Station, please get on the bus marked Sunninghill.
· The Bus will drop you right in front of the hotel, so please tell the bus driver that you need to get off at the Executive Hotel, when you board the bus.
· If you are not sure- Please ASK the relevant helpers at the station for assistance, they will be more than happy to help.
IF YOU DO NEED TO BE AT THE AIPORT BEFORE 05H30 OR ARRIVE AFTER 19H30:
Alternative arrangements can be made by booking a shuttle to pick you up at the airport/ hotel and to arrange your shuttle pick up/drop off. The rate is R330 South African Rand, PER PERSON ONE WAY.
PS Tours -Mr. Solly Maritz +27(0)82 452 5818
Or at his office +27(0) 12 565 4246
Or via Email: email@example.com
IN CASE OF ANY EMERGENCIES, THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WILL BE ON CALL:
Ms Immogen Visser
Cell: +27 (0)82 809 0521
Looking forward to seeing you in South Africa!